Friday, March 26, 2010

I will never, ever, give you notes

Waaa Waaa Waaa I slept through class today/ had to work/ was out of town/ was taking a test/ generic excuse/ other generic excuse can somebody please send me notes from today?

Whenever I get these emails I always want to do one of two things. The first is to send a simple reply back saying "yes" and then just leave it at that. The second thing I have always wanted to do is send an email back listing out, in detail, the reasons why I will not send them notes.

1). Ummm, I don't even take notes in that class. It's freaking Book of Mormon what is there to write down?
2). I don't take notes on my computer. People who do that, more power to ya, but I just don't see the point. And I am not going to type up my hand written notes for you.
3). Even if I did lug around my computer with me to class, how the #($@$@(#$ am I supposed to type up supply and demand graphs or mathematical formulas??
4). Maybe you should show up for class so you can learn? Sounds unreasonable, but it could happen.
5). You coulllled exercise social skills and actually make a friend in your class, so if you actually have a legitimate excuse to miss you can just contact your buddy. Again, I may be pushing my luck with this one.
6). I'm not expert, but most of the time textbooks actually cover lecture material in bigger detail than the lectures do. Again, just a thought.
7). You didn't even mention what class this is for...You can't tell just by the email topic ya nincompoop! You could be asking for notes from my beginning volleyball class for all I know.
8). Despite my obvious coldheartedness on this subject, statistics suggest that there is someone somewhere kind enough to send you notes. So if I sent you notes, it would be a waste of my time and yours because you already got them anyways from someone else.
9). Number nine has been removed due to copyright violation.
10). What can you learn from someone else's notes anyways?

I would now like to quote the great Prof Kearl after someone sent out a pointless email to ECON 110.
"All,

A few minutes ago you received an unsolicited, and unapproved, email from a member of the class asking you to complete a survey. Please disregard this request -- it was done without my knowledge or approval.

A reminder that common courtesy and university policy limit the use of course email lists to matters directly related to the class (in this case, Econ 110).

Have a great weekend!

Prof Kearl"

Common courtesy-fo sho
And because it is SUM 41 week, yeah...
Stay tuned for SportSCenter, next!

1 comment:

  1. Couldn't agree more Big Tony. The only thing this article use is a little bit more about Sum 41, but that's nitpicking.

    ReplyDelete